IRIS Knowledge Foundation is founded on the premise that the creation, management and dissemination of knowledge are critical components of a vibrant democratic society. The primary aim of IRIS-KF is clustered around the rational use of technology for generating reliable and farsighted solutions to social and economic problems and is also linked to larger education and welfare initiatives.
IRIS -KF is a CSR initiative of IRIS Business Services Ltd. which has developed expertise in leveraging technology for information management and knowledge services, and offering technology solutions for content management. IRIS-KF has been launched with the purpose of using this expertise in devising technology solutions for structuring and designing databases comprising social and economic data to provide readily usable quality content for different purposes such as programme management, social and economic research, policy enhancement, and for public education.
1. To create platforms for the active and vibrant interaction of parliamentarians, social scientists, corporates and the civil society.
2. To engage young people in relevant issues of governance, and social projects and to create fora for interactions between the young and the policy makers, political leaders and social scientists.
3. To promote initiatives in the sphere of knowledge creation and dissemination through the use of innovative technology.
4. To develop models of knowledge dissemination aimed at increasing access of knowledge and enhancing transparency.
5. To develop knowledge based services for public good and in the interest of transparency
6. To create space –real and on the web—for the interaction of the those who have or create knowledge and those do not have access to that knowledge.
7. To develop technology aided resources to enable parliamentary dialogue to be enriched by social science research
8. To enable research activity on useful and relevant social, economic and political issues in order to promote a greater understanding of how the society and the economy work and committed to promoting and disseminating such among public policymakers, business professionals, the civil society and the academic community.
9. To create new publishing space that will make the dissemination of research products easy and accessible to everyone regardless of the ability to pay and regardless of their social location.
10. To undertake activities that will enhance the broad goals stated above by organising seminars, conferences, exhibitions, etc.
11. To institute from time to time fellowships, scholarships, lecture series, etc towards furthering the above goals.
System of Promoting Appropriate National Dynamism for Agriculture and Nutrition
The objective of the initiative 'System of Promoting Appropriate National Dynamism for Agriculture and Nutrition' (SPANDAN) is to contribute to the reduction of hunger and malnutrition among India's poor by increasing the evidence base for understanding the strength and dynamics of the multiple pathways between agriculture and nutrition and to provide tools to decision makers to strengthen the pathways from agriculture to nutrition.